New Year Retreat
An Exotic Yoga Retreat is the perfect opportunity to begin your year in vibrant health, rejuvenation, yoga and fitness — on a private luxurious beach in Mexico! Take in the sun, sea, surfing, horseback riding, paddle boards and kayaks amidst a gathering of multi-cultural like-minded yogis. Our annual New Year Exotic Yoga Retreat at Xinalani is the perfect place to set your intentions for 2019. Healthful indulgence, relaxation, gratitude and inspiration await!
Flow of the Day
Wake to the rhythmic sound of waves and intricate chorus of tropical birds with a cup of tea overlooking the ocean. Stroll the beach or take a morning swim before heading up to the Jungle Studio for a morning of body, mind and soul replenishing. Join one or both back-to-back yoga classes: Gentle Flow Yoga with Nina Butler and Fitness with personal trainer, Lisa Nielsen.
Free time to enjoy the sunshine and waves! Head out for sea-kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, surfing or horseback riding. Trek into the forest to a hidden waterfall, take a Mexican cooking class or journey inward with a shaman-led temazcal, followed by a healing massage in the ocean-side spa. A delicious buffet lunch is served from 1:30-2:30, followed by just enough time for a hammock siesta!
At sunset, reconvene for a Smart Abs class will Lisa followed by a Vinyasa + Yin Yoga class with Nina. Following our sunset session is dinner on the ocean view terrace at Xinalani — a three-course gourmet meal featuring inspired and traditional Mexican recipes, designed for the healthy lifestyle of a yogi. After dinner take a moonlit stroll on the beach, gather with friends around a bonfire or even try your feet at salsa.
Private Beach Eco-Resort
Accessible only by boat, you aremet at the airport in Puerto Vallarta and whisked away to the one of Exotic Yoga Retreat’s favorite retreat spots — Xinalani, an intimate and secluded seaside eco-resort highly acclaimed for its serenity, stunning yoga studio, delicious vegetarian cuisine and variety of accommodations — all with a view to the sea! Meals are based on locally grown produce, fresh fish and seafood, served in the spacious terrace dining room with spectacular views that overlook the jungle and the ocean. All dietary preferences are warmly catered to, and the friendly staff make sure that all guests are well cared for. Xinalani is truly a paradise for our Mexico New Year Yoga Retreat!
Yoga, Fitness & Wellness
Exotic Yoga Retreats Program
All our Exotic Yoga programs are designed for mixed levels, offering modifications for beginners and greater levels of challenge for advanced students. We emphasize safety, awareness, intelligence—and the joie di vivre of yoga! Read more about your EYR fitness on this New Year Retreat: yoga instructor, Nina Butler and personal trainer and wellness coach, Lisa Nielsen.
December 30—January 5
Near Puerto Vallarta
New Year Retreat Features:
- Holiday yoga retreat at a private beach resort 45 min from Puerto Vallarta:
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day stay at the award-winning Xinalani Eco-Resort & Spa
- Healthy, gourmet local cuisine for all dietary preferences
- Airport pick-up & boat transfer
- Open-air, sea view ensuite rooms for solo travelers, couples and families
- Two EYR leaders/teachers, an option of 4 yoga and fitness classes daily, plus special New Year’s workshops on intention setting and healthy habits!
- Ocean-side spa
- Swimming pool and full bar
- Evening activities: Latin dance lesson, beach bonfire
- Optional add-on activities and excursions: Surfing, SUP, swim with dolphins trip, whale watching, horse-back riding, shaman-led temezcal
- The most awesome event of your year!
PRICING & LOGISTICS
Upon registering for the Mexico Holiday Retreat you will receive our Travel & Packing Brochure with complete details.
WHERE TO FLY:
Fly to Puerto Vallarta Airport (PVR), arriving no later than 4:00 pm in time to catch the last boat to the resort.
GETTING FROM AIRPORT TO XINALANI:
Included in your package is round-trip transportation to/from the Puerto Vallarta Airport (PVR). You will be driven by a pre-paid cab to the marina where you will be transferred in a small boat 45-minutes south to Xinalani.
DEC. 29 – PRE-RETREAT NIGHT SPECIAL ($165)
We strongly encourage you to book the Pre-Retreat Night, arriving one day prior to start of retreat to make sure travel delays do not interfere with your retreat and you have a perfect day of relaxation before the retreat begins.
Retreat officially begins at 5:00 pm with opening yoga.
Book your return flight no earlier than 11:00 am.
On departure day, group transfers will be staggered throughout the morning to accommodate your flight schedule. Should you need to leave Xinalani before 8am, you will need to pay for individual transport at additional cost.
Xinalani and the surrounding nature offers you ample space to enjoy your solitude—and when you choose, to enjoy the company of others.
- Our annual holiday retreats sell out early!
- Flights to Puerto Vallarta book up quickly
- The highly desired Eco-Suites are allocated on a first-come basis!
EXOTIC NEW YEAR RETREAT INCLUDES:
- 6-nights/7-days accommodation at an award-winning eco-resort near Puerto Vallarta
- Airport pick-up in Puerto Vallarta and boat transfer to Xinalani
- Three meals daily: delicious vegetarian and pescatarian dishes with option of meat upon request
- Ensuite, open-air, sea view rooms with daily maid service
- Availability of swimming pool, spa and full bar
- Exotic Yoga Retreats' New Year Program to set your intention for 2019!
- Two yoga classes daily with yoga teacher, Nina Butler
- Two health and fitness classes daily with personal trainer and coach, Lisa Nielsen
- 'Guac Walk' through the jungle to a neighboring beach for swimming, fresh chips & Guacamole!
- Evening activities: Latin dance lesson and beach bonfire
- December 29 - Pre-Retreat Night Special: airport pick-up, food, and lodging ($165)
- Airfare to Mexico
- Spa services
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (suggested $15/day)
- Add-on activities and excursions: Surf lessons or boards, paddle boards, swim with dolphins trip, whale watching, horse-back riding, shaman-led temezcal
DEPOSIT – $1,000
Reserve your spot with a $1,000 deposit. The deposit is non-refundable, however should you cancel your reservation 90 days or more in advance of the start of the retreat, you may apply your deposit toward another Exotic Yoga Retreat occurring within 12 months from the date of the initial retreat that you registered for.
FULL PAYMENT DUE 90 DAYS IN ADVANCE
Full payment is due 90 days prior to the start date of the yoga retreat.
Please note that there will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in a retreat for any reason, the cancellation policy below will apply, with no exceptions. We wish we could compensate people for unforeseen circumstances (injury, family emergency, etc), but we have costs already incurred when reserving retreat centers and hotels. We have designed our cancellation policy to be as compassionate as possible in the case that your plans change. But to protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR RETREAT
–90 days or more prior to the start of the yoga retreat, you receive: 100% credit of the cost of the full retreat toward another Exotic Yoga Retreat within 12 months.
–31-90 days prior to the start of the yoga retreat, you receive: 50% credit of the cost of the full retreat toward another Exotic Yoga Retreat within 12 months, and will forfeit the remainder.
–0-30 days prior to the start of the yoga retreat, you receive: no refunds or credits will be given.
To officially cancel, you must send an email TO EYR stating that you wish to cancel to.
IF WE CANCEL THE RETREAT
We have never had to cancel a retreat, however, if we do cancel a trip due too few participants, we will refund to you all deposits and payments you have paid. We cannot however compensate you for airfare or travel costs incurred. In the unlikely event that Exotic Yoga Retreats must cancel a yoga retreat due to weather, natural disaster or political upheaval, we cannot guarantee a refund – it will be depending on receiving a refund from the venue / tour operator we work with. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
The best way to protect yourself from any unforeseen circumstance is to purchase trip insurance. Depending on the type of Travel Insurance, it can protect you in case of:
–you cancel your participation in the yoga retreat
—the retreat is cancelled due to weather, natural disaster, or not enough participants to run the trip
–medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured