Annual Christmas Retreat
December 23 – 29, 2018
We still have space – to book your preferred room, go to Book Now and click “Price – Book Here”
Choose a holiday full of health, relaxation, gratitude and meaning. Our annual Christmas Yoga Retreat at the exotic Xinalani Eco-Resort is a perfect way to escape the madness. Spend this holiday practicing yoga (choose up to 4 classes daily!) meditating and rejuvenating along a serene private beach in Mexico — with sun and sea, and surfing, horseback riding, paddle boarding, and kayaking with a group of like-minded, multicultural yogis! Classes are designed for mixed levels, emphasizing safety, awareness—and the joie de vivre of yoga!still to o
Flow of the Day
Wake to the rhythmic sound of waves and an intricate chorus of tropical birds, and enjoy a cup of tea while overlooking the ocean. Stroll the beach or take a morning swim before heading up to the Jungle Studio for a morning of body, mind and soul replenishing. Join one or both back-to-back yoga classes: Mindfulness Meditation & Gentle Yoga with Sylvia Ferguson, followed by Vinyasa Yoga with Josie Sykes.
Free time to enjoy the sunshine and waves! Head out for kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, surfing or horseback riding. Trek into the forest to a hidden waterfall, take a Mexican cooking class or journey inward with a shaman-led temazcal, followed by a healing massage in the ocean-side spa. A delicious buffet lunch is served from 1:30 to 2:30, followed by plenty of time for a hammock siesta!
At sunset, reconvene for Hatha and Alignment with Sylvia and a gentle nervous-system-balancing yoga class with Josie. Following our sunset session is dinner on Xinalani’s ocean-view terrace: a three-course gourmet meal featuring inspired and traditional Mexican recipes, designed for the healthy lifestyle of a yogi. After dinner take a moonlit stroll on the beach, gather with friends around a bonfire or even try your feet at salsa.
You are met at the airport in Puerto Vallarta and whisked away to one of Exotic Yoga Retreats’ favorite spots: Xinalani, an intimate and secluded eco-resort accessible only by boat. It is highly acclaimed for its serenity, stunning yoga studio, delicious vegetarian cuisine and variety of accommodations — all with a view to the Pacific Ocean! Meals are based on locally grown produce, fresh fish and seafood and served in the spacious terrace dining room with spectacular views that overlook the jungle and the ocean. All dietary preferences are warmly catered to, and the friendly staff make sure that all guests are well cared for. Xinalani is truly a paradise for our Mexico Christmas Yoga Retreat!
- 6-night / 7-day rejuvenating yoga retreat on private beach
- Expand your practice: two teachers and up to four yoga classes daily
- Sleep: open-air, Pacific-view en-suite rooms
- Nourish: healthy, gourmet Mexican-inspired cuisine
- Relax: meditation sessions, ocean-side spa, swimming pool and full bar
- Celebrate: Latin dance lessons and beach bonfire
- Explore: add on surfing, SUP, horseback riding, whale watching, shaman-led temezcal and more
- Experience: the most awesome event of your year!
- 6 nights/7 days accommodation at Xinalani, an award-winning eco-resort near Puerto Vallarta
- Airport pick-up in Puerto Vallarta and boat transfer to Xinalani
- 3 meals daily: delicious vegetarian and pescatarian dishes with option of meat on request
- En-suite, open-air, ocean-view rooms with daily maid service
- Four yoga classes daily. Do one or all!
- Vinyasa yoga and nervous-system balancing yoga classes with EYR yoga teacher Josie Sykes
- Hatha yoga and alignment yoga classes with Sylvia Ferguson
- Mindfulness meditation sessions guided by certified teacher Sylvia Ferguson
- ‘Guac Walk’ through the jungle to a neighboring beach for swimming and fresh chips with guacamole!
- Evening activities: Latin dancing, beach bonfire, yoga nidra
- Ocean kayaking
- December 22 • Pre-Retreat Special: airport pick-up, food and lodging ($165)
- Airfare to Mexico
- Spa services
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (suggested $15/day)
- Add-on activities and excursions: surfing lessons or board rental, stand-up paddle boarding, swimming with dolphins, whale watching, horseback riding, cooking classes, shaman-led temezcal
Upon registering for the Mexico Holiday Retreat you will receive our Travel & Packing Brochure with complete details.
WHERE TO FLY:
Fly to Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR), arriving no later than 4:00 pm, in time to catch the last boat to the resort.
GETTING FROM AIRPORT TO XINALANI:
Included in your package is round-trip transportation to/from the Puerto Vallarta airport (PVR). You will be driven by a pre-paid cab to the marina, where you will be transferred in a small boat 45 minutes south to Xinalani.
DEC. 22 – PRE-RETREAT NIGHT SPECIAL ($165)
We strongly encourage you to book the Pre-Retreat Night, arriving one day prior to the start of the retreat to ensure that travel delays do not interfere with your retreat and you have a perfect day of relaxation before the retreat begins.
Retreat officially begins at 5:00 pm with opening yoga.
Book your return flight no earlier than 11:00 am.
On departure day, group transfers will be staggered throughout the morning to accommodate your flight schedule. Should you need to leave Xinalani before 8:00 am, you will require individual transport, at additional cost.
— OLIVIA, FRANCE