Annual Christmas Retreat
Choose a holiday full of health, relaxation, gratitude and meaning. Our annual Christmas Yoga Retreat is a perfect way to escape the madness — spend this holiday practicing yoga, meditating and rejuvenating along a serene private beach in Mexico — with sun, sea, surfing, horse-backriding, paddle-boards, kayaks and a group of like-minded, multi-cultural yogis!
Flow of the Day
Wake to the rhythmic sound of waves and intricate chorus of tropical birds with a cup of tea overlooking the ocean. Stroll the beach or take a morning swim before heading up to the Jungle Studio for a morning of body, mind and soul replenishing. Join one or both back-to-back yoga classes: Mindfulness Meditation & Gentle Yoga with Sylvia Ferguson and Vinyasa Yoga with Josie Sykes.
Free time to enjoy the sunshine and waves! Head out for sea-kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, surfing or horseback riding. Trek into the forest to a hidden waterfall, take a Mexican cooking class or journey inward with a shaman-led temazcal, followed by a healing massage in the ocean-side spa. A delicious buffet lunch is served from 1:30-2:30, followed by just enough time for a hammock siesta!
At sunset, reconvene for Hatha-Alignment with Sylvia and gentle nervous system balancing yoga class with Josie. Following our sunset session is dinner on the ocean view terrace at Xinalani — a three-course gourmet meal featuring inspired and traditional Mexican recipes, designed for the healthy lifestyle of a yogi. After dinner take a moonlit stroll on the beach, gather with friends around a bonfire or even try your feet at salsa.
Private Beach Eco-Resort
Accessible only by boat, you will be met at the airport in Puerto Vallarta and whisked away to the one of Exotic Yoga Retreat’s favorite retreat spots — Xinalani, an intimate and secluded seaside eco-resort highly acclaimed for its serenity, stunning yoga studio, delicious vegetarian cuisine and variety of accommodations — all with a view to the sea! Meals are based on locally grown produce, fresh fish and seafood, served in the spacious terrace dining room with spectacular views that overlook the jungle and the ocean. All dietary preferences are warmly catered to, and the friendly staff make sure that all guests are well cared for. Xinalani is truly a paradise for our Mexico New Year Yoga Retreat!
Yoga & Fitness
Exotic Yoga Retreats Program
All our Exotic Yoga programs are designed for mixed levels, offering modifications for beginners and greater levels of challenge for advanced students. We emphasize safety, awareness, intelligence—and the joie di vivre of yoga! Meet your EYR teachers on this Christmas Yoga Retreat: Josie Sykes and Sylvia Ferguson.
December 23—29, 2018
Near Puerto Vallarta
Holiday Retreat Features:
- Christmas yoga retreat at a private beach resort 45 min from Puerto Vallarta:
- All-inclusive 6-night/7-day stay at the award-winning Xinalani Eco-Resort & Spa
- Healthy, gourmet local cuisine accommodating all dietary preferences
- Airport pick-up & boat transfer
- Open-air, sea view ensuite rooms for solo travelers, couples and families
- Annual Christmas retreat features two EYR teachers offering an option of 4 yoga classes daily
- Meditation workshops
- Ocean-side spa
- Swimming pool and full bar
- Evening activities: Latin dance lesson, beach bonfire!
- Optional add-on activités and excursions: Surfing, SUP, swim with dolphins trip, whale watching, horse-back riding, shaman-led temezcal
- The most awesome event of your year!
PRICING & LOGISTICS
Upon registering for the Mexico Holiday Retreat you will receive our Travel & Packing Brochure with complete details.
WHERE TO FLY:
Fly to Puerto Vallarta Airport (PVR), arriving no later than 4:00 pm in time to catch the last boat to the resort.
GETTING FROM AIRPORT TO XINALANI:
Included in your package is round-trip transportation to/from the Puerto Vallarta Airport (PVR). You will be driven by a pre-paid cab to the marina where you will be transferred in a small boat 45-minutes south to Xinalani.
DEC. 22 – PRE-RETREAT NIGHT SPECIAL ($165)
We strongly encourage you to book the Pre-Retreat Night, arriving one day prior to start of retreat to make sure travel delays do not interfere with your retreat and you have a perfect day of relaxation before the retreat begins.
Retreat officially begins at 5:00 pm with opening yoga.
Book your return flight no earlier than 11:00 am.
On departure day, group transfers will be staggered throughout the morning to accommodate your flight schedule. Should you need to leave Xinalani before 8am, you will need to pay for individual transport at additional cost.
Xinalani and the surrounding nature offers you ample space to enjoy your solitude—and when you choose, to enjoy the company of others.
- Our annual holiday retreats sell out early!
- Flights to Puerto Vallarta book up quickly
- The highly desired Eco-Suites are allocated on a first-come basis!
CHRISTMAS YOGA RETREAT INCLUDES:
- 6-nights/7-days accommodation at Xinalani, an award-winning eco-resort near Puerto Vallarta
- Airport pick-up in Puerto Vallarta and boat transfer to Xinalani
- 3 meals daily: delicious vegetarian and pescatarian dishes with option of meat upon request
- Ensuite, open-air, sea view rooms with daily maid service
- 4 yoga classes daily... do one or all!
- Vinyasa yoga and nervous-system balancing yoga classes with EYR yoga teacher Josie Sykes
- Hatha yoga and Alignment yoga classes with Sylvia Ferguson
- Mindfulness meditation sessions guided by certified teacher, Sylvia Ferguson
- Swimming pool and full bar on premise
- Guac Walk through the jungle to a neighboring beach for swimming, fresh chips & Guacamole!
- Evening activities: Latin dancing, beach bonfire, Yoga Nidra
- Ocean kayaking
- December 29 • Pre-Retreat Special: airport pick-up, food, and lodging ($165)
- Airfare to Mexico
- Spa services
- Alcoholic beverages
- Gratuities (suggested $15/day)
- Add-on activities and excursions: Surfing, SUP, swim with dolphin trip, whale watching, horse-back riding, cooking classes, shaman-led temezcal
DEPOSIT – $1,000
Reserve your spot with a $1,000 deposit. The deposit is non-refundable, however should you cancel your reservation 90 days or more in advance of the start of the retreat, you may apply your deposit toward another Exotic Yoga Retreat occurring within 12 months from the date of the initial retreat that you registered for.
FULL PAYMENT DUE 90 DAYS IN ADVANCE
Full payment is due 90 days prior to the start date of the yoga retreat.
Please note that there will be no refunds or discounts for arriving late, leaving early, flight cancellations, travel delays or illness. If you cancel your participation in a retreat for any reason, the cancellation policy below will apply, with no exceptions. We wish we could compensate people for unforeseen circumstances (injury, family emergency, etc), but we have costs already incurred when reserving retreat centers and hotels. We have designed our cancellation policy to be as compassionate as possible in the case that your plans change. But to protect yourself further, we strongly encourage you to purchase travel insurance.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR RETREAT
–90 days or more prior to the start of the yoga retreat, you receive: 100% credit of the cost of the full retreat toward another Exotic Yoga Retreat within 12 months.
–31-90 days prior to the start of the yoga retreat, you receive: 50% credit of the cost of the full retreat toward another Exotic Yoga Retreat within 12 months, and will forfeit the remainder.
–0-30 days prior to the start of the yoga retreat, you receive: no refunds or credits will be given.
To officially cancel, you must send an email TO EYR stating that you wish to cancel to.
IF WE CANCEL THE RETREAT
We have never had to cancel a retreat, however, if we do cancel a trip due too few participants, we will refund to you all deposits and payments you have paid. We cannot however compensate you for airfare or travel costs incurred. In the unlikely event that Exotic Yoga Retreats must cancel a yoga retreat due to weather, natural disaster or political upheaval, we cannot guarantee a refund – it will be depending on receiving a refund from the venue / tour operator we work with. To cover these risks, we highly recommend you purchase travel insurance.
The best way to protect yourself from any unforeseen circumstance is to purchase trip insurance. Depending on the type of Travel Insurance, it can protect you in case of:
–you cancel your participation in the yoga retreat
—the retreat is cancelled due to weather, natural disaster, or not enough participants to run the trip
–medical expenses and the cost of repatriation should you become ill or injured